Davidson College is a very small college as it usually holds up to under 2,000 students at any given time. Because of their size, they are able to have a much more close-knit campus experience. They even have their own "Honor Code" that is even followed by the surrounding community around the college. Considering North Carolina isn't exactly the first state people think of when looking for a college, Davidson College happens to be one of the best colleges in all of North Carolina. Also, for such a small college, they really boast of being recognized in the nation as being one of the best liberal arts colleges in the world.
Did you happen to know any of those facts we have just mentioned here? We know that more than likely, the people who already knew those things are people who are either from North Carolina, or people who have done their research like us on Davidson College. Either way, we want to now invite you to read many more things you may not already have known about Davidson College. Maybe after reading what we have to say here, you will know whether Davidson College is the place for you.
What type of students will be your classmates at Davidson College?
For the most part, the students at Davidson College are the studious type as well as those who love a good education packed challenge. In other words, you will be surrounded mostly by people who are very work-oriented and not necessarily people who are there to have fun.
How is the dorm life on campus at Davidson College?
In comparison to other colleges of the same kind, the dorms of Davidson College are really exceptional. In each room they have their own private sinks and the rooms are very spacious. Did you know that Davidson College uses a personality test to pair up their students in living situations? Apparently it must be working because when they pair people using this method, 70% of them end up staying roommates all the four years they are at Davidson College. Perhaps the other 30% are just people who didn't stay a full four years or people who dropped out for one reason or another. Either way, that is a pretty interesting way to assign a roommate. They also have a pretty great laundry system for those in the dorms as well.
How challenging is the curriculum at Davidson College?
Davidson College really takes pride in being able to challenge its students to the point that they excel to higher heights. They take their standards and measurements very seriously at Davidson College. This is likely why 95% of their transferring medical students get accepted into their first choice medical schools after studying at Davidson College.
Do you want more tips and advice for prospective students of Davidson College?
If you were a very hard-working student in your high school days, continuing those same habits at Davidson College will do you a lot of good. If you were not such a great high school student, hopefully you will have a change of methods and become a hard-working student. Being willing and able to put forth the necessary hard work is the only way you are going to survive your studies at Davidson College.